Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Eagles - Bird Photography - M. C. Kinney Photography - Appleton, WI

In honor of Eagle Watching Days this past weekend hosted in the area by 1000 Islands Environmental Center in Kaukauna, I thought I'd post a of couple of images taken on Christmas Eve morning of some eagles. It was a cloudy, dark morning but I did find an Adult and an Immature hanging out on the same tree just long enough to do some fishing. The Adult had no trouble getting a fish on its very first attempt.

After this I didn't see it as it took its lunch and went off to eat in private. The Immature on the other hand was having a little trouble finding its mark. He flew down once,
then twice but kept returning denied from having an early morning breakfast.
Several minutes later it went down for a third try and was able to catch a fish behind one of the pillars that lay along the river.
The Immature was not as shy about eating publicly and flew back to the same spot on his tree to enjoy a nice sized meal. And all that in less than 15 minutes from the time I pulled up to the time I left. Which is good cause it was a Holiday and I had a lot to do that day!

No comments:

Post a Comment